Friday, August 5, 2011

Love.


I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted, and needless to say not a lot has been too exciting to report. Life is pretty much going along for me.

I did just get back from seeing Jake, and let me tell you…he introduced me to a new artist….well, mash-up artist anyway. Titus Jones. Look him up. His stuff is awesome.

Like right now, I’m listening to Pokéstar. Well, that’s a lie. I was just listening to that; I switched to Slacker because I needed chill music for this blog. Listening to some good Billy Joel, “Just the Way You Are” and picturing a nice drive down Loudon Rd. in Concord. No explanation as to why that particular image, but oh well.

SO onto the real thing: While I was visiting Jake and his family, I had a book that I was reading called The Love Dare by Stephen and Alex Kendrick. The book is based on the movie “Fireproof” and has the actual dares that the main character does in the movie. Kirk Cameron is in it if you can’t place it.
I can hear some of you going, “Hey wait a second: You aren’t married…what’s the deal?” The truth is that I didn’t read it as something to try right away; I wanted to learn how to love others more than I have been. Lately I’ve been kind of complaining about almost everything, and I haven’t been the best Aimée I can be in a long time. The purpose of reading and doing the dares is to try and improve my outlook and to try and love everyone as I know how.

This leads me to the back of the book. Yes, most of the book is about marriage and including God into your relationship. But at the back of the book, there are some good references and exercises to do. One of them is to ask your spouse a bunch of questions. When I looked through the questions, I thought about my own answers and decided to blog them. Yes, folks. I decided to do one of those silly surveys you used to see on MySpace and that sometimes pop up on Facebook. But I honestly think that these questions are more important, and I am encouraging everyone to try and at least think about your own answers. 

1.  What is your greatest hope or dream?

The first thing I think of when I think of my greatest hope or dream would be to be happy in my life; to have a wonderful husband who’ll love me forever. But then, when I REALLY think about it, my greatest hope is that I am a mother. I want to feel that love that only a mother has for her son or daughter; that pride and joy that I see in my mother’s eyes every time I get up and sing or she sees me teaching. Maybe I’m jumping the gun a little bit, I know. I’ve got my whole life ahead of me, but that’s always been my hope in my heart. Being a mother would bring the greatest happiness in my life. I know, cliché, isn’t it? But it’s all true.

2.  What do you enjoy the most about your life right now?

This is a hard question for me to answer because I just left Jake’s YESTERDAY and I’m feeling all emo and crappy. Things can be wicked worse; I realized that once I gave up being a huge drama mama. I honestly think that it’s okay that I’m not enjoying much in my life though because then there wouldn’t be times when I can truly appreciate and enjoy life the way it should be. With that said, there are some things I’m loving about my life: my best friend is getting married soon, and I love the fact that I am her maid of honor. I really wish I could be a part of more weddings to tell you the truth. And the fact that I have air conditioning now. I’m really loving that.

3.  What do you enjoy the least about your life right now?

As I stated before, I’m feeling really emo and crappy so I need to be careful as to not start complaining all night.  It all breaks down to one thing, I think: I’m not enjoying not knowing what’s ahead, and I’m not enjoying where I am career-wise. I don’t make enough to pay bills right now, so that’s scaring me a lot. I don’t have a lot of patience, and yes, I am working on that, but it’s hard not to break down and cry and stomp around and throw a tantrum. It’s not going to help in the long run, but my inner child is screaming because everything is unsure.  

4.  What would your dream job be if you could do anything and get paid for it?

I love little kids, and I love teens too. I love to sing, and I love to witness my faith. So if I could fly around the country singing and witnessing my faith to children of all ages, and get paid for it…that would be what I would want to do. OH or sing at wedding ceremonies. That would be awesome.

5.  What are some things that you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t had the opportunity to do yet?


6.  What are three things you would like to do before the next year passes?

One: Lose more weight
Two: Get my own classroom
Three: Make enough money to get my own apartment and pay my own bills.

7.  Who do you feel the most “safe” with? Why?

Jake. Anything can happen to me, but as long as I’m with Jake I can get through anything.

8.  If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be? Why?

Oh man, I would have lunch with Dr. Kassy Clements, head of the Department of Education at St. Joseph’s College. She was such an awesome professor and great advice-giver to all of us.

9.  When was the last time you felt filled with joy?

Jake and I had the house to ourselves for a while and I made him Hamburger Helper.

10. If you had to give away a million dollars, who would you give it to?

I am going to revise this a bit: If I had one million dollars to give away, I would split it up a bit. Half would go to my parents; $500,000 to do whatever they wanted. I think the rest would go to Jake’s family, because, they truly are my family as well.

So there you have it. I hope the questions linger in your mind as they did mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment