Monday, January 25, 2010

Excitement of Second Semester

So it's been a few weeks into the semester, and yes, I'm foreseeing it'll be a lot of work, but somehow I'm not too worried yet. I know that I'll break down at some point during the semester, but I don't feel it just yet.

I went home for a night over the weekend and brought back my dress for Senior Ball. I absolutely love that dress, and I can't wait until I can wear it again. Hopefully I'll look better than when I went to prom, but either way I'll be happy because Jake will be there.

I received an exciting email on Friday about a certain event happening April 17th. My Pinning Ceremony. I'm extremely excited for it because the Pinning Ceremony has always been my goal after Erin got pinned. I saw the actual ceremony and fell in love with it. Basically I get a pin, I stand with a candle with a card that has the Teacher's Prayer on it, and after I recite it, I'm a teacher. I know, it sounds dumb, but in the moment, everyone's crying.

I suspect I will be included in that "everyone." My mother will be too. This brings me to the sadness of it. The Pinning Ceremony is basically the graduation from the education program at St. Joseph's. After the Pinning Ceremony, I'm a teacher. My undergraduate learning is pretty much over. Formal graduation is graduating with my degree, but the most important part of my undergraduate learning is me becoming a teacher. My college career will be over.

When I graduated high school, my principal, Dr. Jette, quoted something in his speech from a student I was graduating with. He said that this student was blogging about how it was time for her to grow up. That always stuck with me, and I feel like it somehow carried me through college; I grew up and now I'm ready (well, I will be by the end of the semester) for the real world.

So, not to sound full of myself but...is the real world ready for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment