Friday, January 29, 2010

Do I REALLY have to stop being polite and start getting "real?"

My last blog, I mentioned in one of the last paragraphs that I was ready for the real world. I'd like to retract that statement a bit. I think what I meant was that I was ready for the IDEA of the real world. The idea of the real world is a lot simpler to deal with than the actual.

It seems, by what I see/hear/read, that the actual real world is incredibly negative; greed, sadness, anger, revenge, envy, the need for power; the list could go on about all the negative things that are in the world. It's literally Social Darwinism; survival of the fittest. What, as young citizens of the United States, have to look forward to? Fights with health care policies that don't make any sense, politically-minded power freaks who only think of themselves, and a job adn house market which is barely getting better. Last year, only TWO of the elementary education graduates got jobs as teachers. The rest are either Ed Techs, or working a Super Save-A-Bunch. And you know what? That just plain sucks.

I've been reviewing some of my friends' lives after college, and out of everyone that I know around my age, only a number counted by one hand have careers. Most of the people are either unemployed, or working at a job that they hate. And they're turning into Grumpy's because of it. They hate the world, they hate their lives, and they hate the fact that they can't control what other people do.

I refuse to look at life as a burden. There's no way I could live with myself if I got myself down. And I'm pissed off because so many people don't feel the way I do. Classroom management would fix everyone's lives, I swear! If you have positive expectations and a positive outlook, but PLAN for things to go wrong, then you'll be happy. Why do people hate life? It's the only one we have, so why not be happy most of the time? Whatever God sends my way, I will be happy about it. That's how it should be.

The real world sucks. Period. We all know this. But why do people have to have a negative outlook about it. Life's not fair. Get used to it. It's not a big deal. Don't waste your time on arguing that fact. Sometimes your ahead of the pack, sometimes your behind. The only person you're really arguing with is yourself. Don't lose the hope that God gives you.

Go to a window and look out to the sky. Look at how bright the day is. Even through clouds there is still light. Um. Look at the significance there. There is light even when it's raining. THERE IS STILL HOPE EVEN WHEN IT'S CLOUDED OVER! Duh.

TO conclude, a little Crazy for You:

I'm chipper all the day, Happy with my lot. How do I get that way?
Look at what I've got: I got rhythm I got music I got my man

Who could ask for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment