Sunday, August 16, 2009

Student Teaching Jitters

Okay, so I'm really freaking out about student teaching. There's so much to be done before I go back to Maine, and then before I go back to TEACH...gaaaaaah, nerves are jumpin'

I'm in Borders right now, and I'm looking over the Student Teacher Handbook. These are the things that I'm freaking out about on this 48-numbered "Responsibilities of the Student Teacher" list that is THREE PAGES LONG (10pt. Times New Roman Font, and the numbers are in no particular order):

1. Obtain a scope and sequence of subject matter for the 15 week period if possible (which means assuming one subject a week).
2. Accept increased responsibilities over the 15 weeks.
3. The cooperating teacher needs to approve ALL lessons at least 24 hours prior to student teachers teaching them.
4. Be responsible for the entire classroom by week 14 (including any drills or unexpected classroom problems).

Those four things are FREAKING me out. It's not because I can't do those things, I certainly can, and without trouble, it's just those things are huge things that are scary.

I'm trying to focus on things that are just as challenging, but not as scary; for instance, being prepared before the students come into the classroom. I'm the queen of doing that.



Anyway, the store is closing soon...I just wanted to share my nerves with the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment